I don’t do Filipino food, but this stuff is sooo yummy… my absolute favorite in Comfort Food! Plus, it’s good for you 🙂 (Beef, green beans, cabbage, potatoes, etc…)
The beef is mmmmmm, so tender… and all the yummy, healthy stuff is served in one, big, hot bowl!
Here’s how to make it at home…
- 1.5 lbs Beef Shank with Bone, cut into bite-size cubes
- 4 Potatoes, cut the same size as beef
- 1 small cabbage, quartered
- 20 green beans, cut in half
- 5 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 10 corns of black pepper
- 7 cups of water
- In a big pot, add 5 cups water and beef. Bring to a boil then simmer for about 2 hours – or until the beef is very,very tender.
- Add potatoes, pepper corns, soysauce, and remaining water (2 cups). Continue to simmer until potatoes are cooked.
- Add cabbage and green beans. Simmer for additional 10 mins.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Serve hot… super yummy with plain white rice 🙂
P.S. Lemme know what you think!
Carmen is a mom, life strategist, religion teacher, best selling author, advice columnist, foodie wannabe, and advocate for victims of narcissistic abuse. She is currently living la vida loca in Vegas with her not-so-little human… prepping him for med school while pseudo-adulting, Tahitian dancing, and exploring the delicious world of bubble tea *woo!*