We’re huge mashed potato fans… especially when it’s made with cream cheese and garlic!!! But I’ve seen mashed cauliflower recipes all over the interwebz and thought I’d give it a shot for a possible alternative to the beloved potato…
Let me tell you… it was all kinds of creamy, roasted garlicky goodness! DELICIOUS!
Quick & Simple Creamy Garlic Mashed Cauliflower
- 1 large cauliflower
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons roasted minced garlic
- salt to taste
- shredded sharp cheddar cheese and chopped fresh chives for garnish
- Wash the cauliflower. Break into florets.
- Boil florets in salted water until tender. Drain well.
- Puree hot cauliflower with cream cheese, garlic, and pepper in a bowl with an immersion blender, or food processor until almost smooth.
- Garnish with shredded sharp cheddar cheese and fresh chives if desired.
P.S. Lemme know what you think!
Carmen is a mom, life strategist, religion teacher, best selling author, advice columnist, foodie wannabe, and advocate for victims of narcissistic abuse. She is currently living la vida loca in Vegas with her not-so-little human… prepping him for med school while pseudo-adulting, Tahitian dancing, and exploring the delicious world of bubble tea *woo!*