Say what you may, but I’m beginning to kinda like SPAM. Especially Spam Musubi!
Should I serve the typical Spam and Eggs? Or go all Filipino breakfast and make Spam, fried eggs, and garlic rice?
Digging through my fridge, I found some red bell peppers and it hit me… Bell Peppers Stuffed With Spam Fried Rice!
Of course, I had the teen taste test it… and he gave it TWO Thumbs Up! *Phew!*
Bell Peppers Stuffed With Spam Fried Rice!
- 1 can SPAM Black Pepper
- 1 red bell pepper; top cut stemmed and seeded
- 1 cup cooked white rice
- 1 1/2 tsps vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tsps sugar
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- In a small saucepan, combine soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, sugar, and garlic over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Transfer liquid into a small bowl and set aside.
- Cut SPAM into 10 slices. Fry until slightly crispy. Remove and drain on paper towel-lined plate. Take 2 slices of the fried SPAM and cut into cubes. Set aside.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, add garlic and cook until it's golden brown.
- Stir in rice, cubed SPAM, and about 2 tablespoons of soy sauce mixture. Stir until heated through and well blended.
- Spoon fried rice into bell pepper and serve with fried eggs and sliced spam!
I’ve partnered with Hormel Foods as part of their Extended Family Blogger Program. While Hormel Foods provides me material and necessary resources to complete various activities, all statements and sentiment in GirlPlusFood.com are my own!
P.S. Lemme know what you think!
Carmen is a mom, life strategist, religion teacher, best selling author, advice columnist, foodie wannabe, and advocate for victims of narcissistic abuse. She is currently living la vida loca in Vegas with her not-so-little human… prepping him for med school while pseudo-adulting, Tahitian dancing, and exploring the delicious world of bubble tea *woo!*